"You are lovable. I love you. You can love yourself." ~My Someone Special

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Scary Night = Feeling Good for Mom

little willow a few years back at grandpa's house.
So my daughter called and told me about spending the night at grandpa's house, which involved watching a scary movie with her cousin. Apparently, it was so scary that she stayed up until 3:00 in the morning.

Daughter: I would close my eyes and they would POP right open, because I was so scared. So you know what I did?

Me: What?

Daughter: I closed my eyes and imagined that I was on our couch at home in the living room, with you walking by in your gray muscle shirt and pink and white pajama shorts, and you see me and say...hi baby! On your way to the kitchen to get more diet coke.

We both laughed, and the sound of her voice made me feel warm inside. As I'm writing this Post, I realize that the scene she described happens almost daily, and how I don't even think about it when it's happening; yet, it has made enough of an impression on her to help her relax.

It sure feels good as a mom, to be a part of that image she had conjured up in her pretty little head to find dream land!

Come home soon, my sweet girl!

~TW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya sis. Your posts always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:-) I wish you could have seen LW dancing around my living room last night singing Greased Lightning! We had so much fun watching Grease and singing all the words to the songs together. We discovered that we both hate the sappy love songs, but when it comes to parts like Greased Lightning!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO! I love her so much...and you too! Talk to you soon. M'wah... MG

True Willow said...

Hey sis...I almost missed this wonderful comment! I'm so happy you got a chance to sing Greased Lightning together. ;) GREASE is her daddy's FAVORITE movie. heehee She's so lucky to have YOU. I love you double scoop with a cherry on top.

Lainey-Paney said...

that's so sweet & cute!

True Willow said...

lainey-paney WELCOME. It's fun to get new visitors. I've enjoyed reading your blog these last few days. Thanks for stopping by, jelly bean! ; )